Valve Sizing and Specification – JTSL has many years of experience in valve sizing and selection for your specific needs. Provide the data of your flow line or services, we do the sizing to Farris Valve immediately through the Farris Engineering Software called SIZE MASTER.
The Size Master Software is design to accept raw process data (Valves Parameters) with an option of sizing cases to generate a Farris Model valves and calculations under relevant code.
- API Sizing
- Uses API equations
- Used for initial sizing to determine a preliminary PRV size
- Utilizes effective Kd and effective areas independent of specific valve design.
- Use API Std 526 to select a PRV.
- ASME Sizing
- Uses API Equations
- Utilizes de-rated Kd (K) and actual areas for a specific valve design.
- Must be used to verify the rated capacity of a selected valve.
- IN 1962, THE CODE WAS REVISED REQUIRING THAT “K” BE USED IN SIZING CALCULATIONS (10% “SAFETY FACTOR”) INSTEAD OF “KD”.